[Pkg-octave-devel] Issues regarding octave-interval 1.5.0-1

Hi,

I have checked the build log and lintian warnings.

1. The package can't be build on some platforms anymore (mipsel and
hurd-i386 so far) because the creation of one particular plot for the
manual requires too much memory for buildd. Can I do something about it
except removing the plot from the manual?

2. Lintian says “arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share” again. /usr/share
is at 2.2 MB, so it's a little bit above the threshold. I don't want to
ask the question of splitting the package into octave-interval-common
again. However, if we did split the package: Would the arch-independent
binary be built on all platforms? If not, could this be a solution to
the out-of-memory issue above?

3. Lintian says “privacy-breach-generic”. The HTML documentation
includes the octave.css from https://www.gnu.org/software/octave…; so if
I look at the local HTML documentation, my browser would download that
CSS from the internet. I can think of several ways to fix that:

3a) Remove CSS from the local manual. The manual would look like any
other Texinfo HTML document.

3b) Add/copy the CSS into the Debian package. We would have to remove
the webfonts inside the CSS or this would create the next privacy issue.

3c) Reference a local copy of the CSS. However, this requires
octave-htmldoc to be installed and I couldn't find the CSS file in that
package. So this is not an option?

Opinions?

Oliver