Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] more detail on test failures in buildd logs

* Mike Miller <mtmiller@debian.org> [2016-03-25 16:02]:

I wonder if the DOG thinks it would be desirable, and if so, possible, to see the full test outputs for failing tests and have them available either as part of the package or on a publicly available web site.

I vote for both options: having it in /usr/share/doc and in a web site.

I discussed with upstream whether it would be possible to parse the fntests.log file to extract only the failures, which could be written to a file or to stdout. I now have an awk script that does this to some extent, still needs some improvement.

Any other clever ideas?

If not I will likely work on refining this awk script and see if I can get it merged upstream. The goal there would be for a 'make check' with --disable-silent-rules to automatically dump test failures to stdout.

This seems to be a sound way to do it.

Thanks,