Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Recommended workflow for creating/managing patches?

Le 31/10/2015 10:01, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :
Le mercredi 28 octobre 2015 à 14:00 +0100, Julien Bect a écrit :
What is the recommended workflow for creating/managing patches in the Debian octave Group? Should I use "gbp pq" as described, e.g., here: https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/development/debian_packages_in_git/ http://linux.lsdev.sil.org/wiki/index.php/Packaging_using_gbp ? Or is there a better way?
Actually we don't use git to manage the patch queue. We just use plain quilt, and commit the contents of debian/patches as files in git.

Given that we don't have so many patches, this appeared the simplest way to us. Using gbp-pq seemed to be kind of an overkill. And, moreover, when I tried it, gbp-pq would mangle the DEP3 headers of patches.

Well, I have created my first three patches using gbp-pq, and I found it quite convenient...

Anyway, I will now try to understand how quilt works.

Could someone please look at my current patches and tell me what needs to be modified / improved ?

@++
Julien