Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Octave Packaging help

[With Cc to the mailing lists, this time.]

Hi Afif,

* Afif Elghraoui <afif@ghraoui.name> [2015-10-14 00:57]:

I am thinking about packaging the COBRA toolbox [1] for Debian, but I'm not really sure how the packaging works for something that isn't from octave-forge.

Thanks for your interest in packaging the COBRA toolbox for Debian. You work will be welcome.

I couldn't find any guidance on the Debian wiki or an Octave policy. My cursory search of the mailing list archives didn't turn up anything, either. I stumbled across octave-pkg-dev and its README: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-octave/octave-pkg-dev.git/tree/README ...but it doesn't look applicable to the package I'm considering.

I checked octave-forge documentation [2] and I can't find anything about the pkg.m system mentioned in the README above.

Basically, all I need to do is to be able to put the .m files somewhere where octave can find it and it's not clear to me how I should package it to achieve that. I'd appreciate any tips or assistance you could provide.

You might look at how the Debian package which depend on octave (and are not built using octave-pkg-dev) cope with the *.m files. They are:

 fsl-5.0-core
 octave-psychtoolbox-3
 octave-gdf
 octave-biosig