Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] octave-stk ?

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your offer to package octave-stk for Debian.

A good starting point to learn about the DOG is the DOG web page itself:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianOctaveGroup

but I guess you have already seen it. We use git and git-buildpackage for package maintainance. All repositories and mailing lists are managed inside the Alioth project pkg-octave:

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-octave/

We might want to become a member of this project.

As regards packaging octave-stk, you could look at how the other packages are done. Essentially, they use the infrastructure provided by the octave-pkg-dev package. In this package, there is a command called make-octave-forge-debpkg that creates a Debian package from scratch.

Best,

Rafael

* Julien Bect <julien.bect@centralesupelec.fr> [2015-02-18 22:02]:

Dear DOG members,

I am one of the authors of a package that was recently included in Octave Forge:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/stk/index.html <http://octave.sourceforge.net/stk/index.html>

I would love to see this package distributed as a Debian package as well.

I don't have any prior experience in Debian packaging but I have started to read about that and I am willing to learn.

Please tell me what I can do to help stk become a Debian package :)

@++ Julien