Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] package with octave interface script (bart)

* Uecker, Martin <Martin.Uecker@med.uni-goettingen.de> [2015-12-13 11:20]:

I am packaging our image reconstruction toolbox for MRI for debian-med (see links below). This package consists of a command-line tool, but also includes a matlab/octave interface scripts.

What is the best way of packaging this helper script(s)? Can I just have an octave-bart package which installs some files as:

 /usr/share/octave/packages/bart/bart.m
 /usr/share/octave/packages/bart/packinfo/
 /usr/share/octave/packages/bart/packinfo/DESCRIPTION
 /usr/share/octave/packages/bart/readcfl.m
 /usr/share/octave/packages/bart/writecfl.m

Is there a policy? Is there is a similar thing for Matlab?

What the fuck is Matlab? :-)

As regards Octave, ideally, you would convert your package such that it can be installed using the pkg command of Octave (cf Octave-Forge).

Otherwise, the current practice for third-party packages in Debian containing *.m files for Octave is to install them in /usr/share/octave/site/m/. Here are their names:

   $ apt-file find /usr/share/octave/site/m/ | cut -f1 -d: | sort | grep -v octave-common | uniq
   dynare
   dynare-common
   fsl-4.1
   fsl-5.0-core