Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] octave-stk ?

Le 13/08/2015 20:04, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :
* Julien Bect <julien.bect@centralesupelec.fr> [2015-07-22 11:09]:
Now, I have two questions :

1) The default commit message for the initial commit refers to an ITP bug number. Does it mean that I have to file an ITP report ? I have tried yesterday but got a failure from "reportbug" (see log below).

It seems that you are having trouble in querying the BTS. Try reportbug with option --no-query-bts.

Just a remark: in the reportbug log that you sent to us, I read the this for the package synopsis: "STK is a (not so) Small Toolbox for Kriging". According to the Best Packaging Practices of the Debian Developer's Reference, "[the synoposis] is a noun phrase minus articles, as opposed to a verb phrase". It would then be better to use just "(not so) Small Toolbox for Kriging".

2) I am ready to start fixing the default file generated by make-octave-forge-debpkg. For that I will need a public git repo, so that I can ask for help on this list... Do I create one for myself (e.g., inside the stk project on sourceforge) or can I get one in the pkg-octave project ?

Please, create a Git repository at Alioth, such that we can share it. It has been a long time since I created a repo, but I guess that the instructions in the page below are ok:

https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Separate_project

Create the repo in the directory /git/pkg-octave/ and be sure that it has the correct group ownership and rights.

Hello Rafael, hello all,

I have created a repo for octave-stk and did some preliminary work on it :

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-octave/octave-stk.git/

It is far from ready, but you can already check whether I have set the correct permissions.

Also, if someone experienced could have a look at my first commits and see if I have done things correctly, I would be most grateful.

@++
Julien