Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [Reproducible-builds] Trying to fix random_buildpath_by_octave

Sébastien Villemot:
> My understanding is that .oct files are stripped before creating the
> Debian package (by dh_strip). Hence they no longer contain debugging
> symbol. So removing -g at compilation time should make no difference.

The build id is generated by ld using a checksum of the whole binary
before it is being stripped. (The build id is used to tie a binary to
its debug symbols, so that's exactly what we want.)

--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism