Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave-pkg-dev 1.3.2

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> [2015-10-27 07:49]:

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2015-10-26 22:50]:

Le lundi 26 octobre 2015 à 21:11 +0100, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :

I prepared version 1.3.2 of octave-pkg-dev in Git [commit 55aa5ea]. This should fix the unreproducible build issue that we discussed recently here.  Please, upload it.

Looks like you forgot to git push.

Done, thanks.

Thanks for the upload, Sébastien, but Reiner Herrmann just draw my attention to a message that he sent yesterday to the reproducible-builds mailing list [1]. I have not seen this message because neither my email address nor the pkg-octave-dev was in the Cc.

In summary, the change in octave-pkg.mk that I did may be useless, because the build id is computed from the binary files produced by mkoctfile, and not by anything that ends up in the build log. I will investigate this problem later.

Rafael

1. https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/reproducible-builds/Week-of-Mon-20151026/003715.html