Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Unreproducible builds

Le vendredi 16 octobre 2015 à 21:10 +0200, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :
> Several DOG packages have unreproducible builds [1], due to the way
> "pkg
> install" works by creating a temporary build diretory, whose name is
> randomly chosen [2].
>
> I found a way to get around this problem by changing the code in
> otave-pkg.mk from the octave-pkg-dev package, according to the patch
> attached to this message.  It is not very elegant, but it seems to
> work
> well.  Unless there are objections or someone finds a better
> solution, I
> will commit this change.

Thanks for caring about this.

I was just wondering if this change does not introduce a security issue
(it is usually considered bad practice to use predictable directories
under /tmp, because /tmp is write-all and a malicious user could
exploit this). I therefore don't know if it is acceptable to use such a
predictable directory under /tmp for building Debian packages. You
should probably ask the Security Team or debian-devel@l.d.o.

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer