[Pkg-octave-devel] Octave Packaging help

Hi, octave team,
I am thinking about packaging the COBRA toolbox [1] for Debian, but I'm
not really sure how the packaging works for something that isn't from
octave-forge.

I couldn't find any guidance on the Debian wiki or an Octave policy. My
cursory search of the mailing list archives didn't turn up anything,
either. I stumbled across octave-pkg-dev and its README:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-octave/octave-pkg-dev.git/tree/README
...but it doesn't look applicable to the package I'm considering.

I checked octave-forge documentation [2] and I can't find anything about
the pkg.m system mentioned in the README above.

Basically, all I need to do is to be able to put the .m files somewhere
where octave can find it and it's not clear to me how I should package
it to achieve that. I'd appreciate any tips or assistance you could provide.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

1. https://github.com/opencobra/cobratoolbox
2. http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html