Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave-interval 1.2.0-1

Le mercredi 07 octobre 2015 à 21:34 +0200, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :
> The interval package is now ready for its initial upload to the
> Debian
> archives. Please upload the current git revision
> (57e4abc44e67c805aa2fe4898c6c465f53b066ca).

Olivier, thanks for your work!

Just two points before uploading:

- in debian/copyright, you should add a stanza for "debian/*" files.
For the time being, it would have the same copyright information than
the "*" stanza, so technically this is not strictly needed. But it is
good practice to separate the stanza for the debian subdir, since it
comes from a different source than the rest of the package, and
packagers are usually different from upstream authors

- is the separation in two packages really necessary? My understanding
is that separating arch-indep files is only warranted for big packages,
because it saves space on the Debian ftp servers. In the present case,
given that the package is small, I don't think that the overhead
created by a separate -common package is warranted. I think it just
adds complexity for no benefit. Or am I missing something?

Cheers,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer