Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] octave-stk ?

Le 26/02/2015 09:09, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :
Hi Julien,

Thanks for your offer to package octave-stk for Debian.

A good starting point to learn about the DOG is the DOG web page itself:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianOctaveGroup

but I guess you have already seen it. We use git and git-buildpackage for package maintainance. All repositories and mailing lists are managed inside the Alioth project pkg-octave:

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-octave/

We might want to become a member of this project.

As regards packaging octave-stk, you could look at how the other packages are done. Essentially, they use the infrastructure provided by the octave-pkg-dev package. In this package, there is a command called make-octave-forge-debpkg that creates a Debian package from scratch.

I am now a little more familiar with git-import-orig, git-buildpackage and make-octave-forge-debpkg.

I have created an account on alioth (jbect-guest) and made yesterday evening a request to join the pkg-octave.

Now, I have two questions :

1) The default commit message for the initial commit refers to an ITP bug number. Does it mean that I have to file an ITP report ? I have tried yesterday but got a failure from "reportbug" (see log below).

2) I am ready to start fixing the default file generated by make-octave-forge-debpkg. For that I will need a public git repo, so that I can ask for help on this list... Do I create one for myself (e.g., inside the stk project on sourceforge) or can I get one in the pkg-octave project ?

@++
Julien

-----

Choose the request type: 1
Please enter the proposed package name: octave-stk
Checking status database...
Please briefly describe this package; this should be an appropriate short description for the eventual package:
> STK is a (not so) Small Toolbox for Kriging
Your report will be carbon-copied to debian-devel, per Debian policy.
Querying Debian BTS for reports on wnpp (source)...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 2217, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1079, in main
    return iface.user_interface()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1709, in user_interface
    latest_first=self.options.latest_first)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/reportbug/ui/text_ui.py", line 517, in handle_bts_query
    source=source, http_proxy=http_proxy, archived=archived)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/reportbug/debbugs.py", line 1279, in get_reports
    stats = debianbts.get_status(bugs)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/debianbts.py", line 179, in get_status
    reply = server.get_status(*nr)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line 545, in __call__
    return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line 567, in __r_call
    self.__hd, self.__ma)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line 430, in __call
    timeout = self.timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line 318, in call
    raise HTTPError(code, msg)
SOAPpy.Errors.HTTPError: <HTTPError 500 Internal Server Error>