Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [Pkg-octave-commit] [octave] 04/04: Changelog entry for 4.0.0-1.

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2015-06-04 16:14]:

Le jeudi 04 juin 2015 à 15:54 +0200, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :

Thanks for the upload.  I have just two questions:

1) Will this new upload reset to zero the waiting time in the NEW queue?

If by "waiting time" you mean the time displayed on the webpage of pending NEW uploads, I think the answer is yes. But I don't think the ftpmasters use that waiting time as a criterion for determinig the priority of packages to be accepted. The amount of changes (especially to the copyright file) seems to be a more relevant predictor of time spent in the NEW queue (though this statement is not based on any systematic empirical study).

2) Is there a specific reason why you uploaded the package to experimental instead of unstable?

Yes: we did not yet obtained the permission from the Release Team to
start the transition (actually we did not even ask). For the time being, we don't even know if the package compiles on all arches, so we really need at least one accepted upload in experimental.

Ok, thanks for the answers.  They make sense.