[Pkg-octave-devel] Updating the OF package for Octave 4.0

Those who are subscribed to pkg-octave-commit have probably seen many commits that I did recently. Most of them regard adaptation of the OF packages to Octave 4.0. The majority of packages are now in good shape, but some of them still have problems:

octave-nurbs: one of the unit tests fails, but this does not seem critical.

octave-mpi: The package works correctly, but the helloworld example makes Octave segfault.

octave-msh: The packages builds correctly, but the unit tests that depend on libdolfin fail. I tried to build the package against libdolfin 1.4, with no sucess.

octave-dataframe: The single unit test fails and I suspect that there are incompatibilities with Octave 4.0.

In commit 231a2c2, I added libsndfile1-dev and portaudio19-dev to the Build-Depends list of octave. With this changes, the audio support functions are now fully functional. Besides that, this is necessary for having the octave-ltfat building correctly.

We still have to check the non-OF packages, but I think that we will be ready to start the 3.8->4.0 transition as soon as the new octave package comes out from the NEW queue.

Best,