[Pkg-octave-devel] New auto-loading policy

In the process of upgrading the octave-control package for the new upstream version (2.8.0), I saw this entry in the NEWS file:

  ** In order to comply with modified Octave Forge rules, the package no longer
     auto-loads.  See "help pkg" for details on auto-loading.

Where can these "modified Octave Forge rules" be found?

I am remember correctly, we decided to enforce auto-loading in the Debian packages. Is it time to revise our rules?