Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] LEG: Optimisation and porting - assembly

On 04/03/2013 03:47 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,

you might have read about the initiative from Linaro to detect assembly
code in Free Software to increase portablility.  I checked their list
for packages inside Debian Med (which became fairly easy by using the
recent not yet published stuff to solve #703402) and here is the list of
packages with some relevance for Debian Med that might deserve some
checking whether it might be possible to dissable / remove assembly
code.  I also add relevant contact (upstream or Debian maintainer in
case of generic packages like octave) in CC.

   octave<pkg-octave-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>

Octave is apparently in the list because it includes and "embedded copy of gnulib", not because it contains assembly code.

jwe