Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave-geometry 1.6.0-1

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2012-10-31 23:24]:

The problem is that the "testing" behavior will manifest as soon as there is an "inst" subdir in the directory from which octave is launched.

I am not sure about this.  If you try this:

   $ mkdir /tmp/inst/foo
   $ cd /tmp
   $ octave
   octave:1> path

you will not see /tmp/inst/foo/ in the path. This is because the code in :

will only add the inst/* sub-directories if there is a inst/ directory in the same directory where that PKG_ADD file is (which will never be the case).

Now, the issue that you raised actually happens because the PKG_ADD file present in the current directory is always executed by Octave at startup. Try this:

   $ echo 'disp("Hello, here is PKG_ADD talking!")' > /tmp/PKG_ADD
   $ cd /tmp
   $ octave -q
   Hello, here is PKG_ADD talking!
   octave:1>

This means that, in your case, the PKG_ADD that is sending the "warning: Adding path for testing" is not the one installed in the octave-geometry package, but actually the one in the current directory.

I would say that the raised issue is moot.