Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Wrong octave/gnuplot plot output

Hi Mike.
Thank you for answering.

Il 22/07/2012 16:20, Mike Miller ha scritto:
I posted a solution to the problem on that bug report, is that not sufficient for your needs?
Yes, your solution is what I need.
But I'm asking, why should the user first plot with ugly fonts, then google "octave plot font",
and then modify ~/.octaverc to suit his/her needs??

No matter which font Octave uses by default, it will not fit everyone's needs. If you care about which fonts and font sizes are used in your plots, you should add those settings to ~/.octaverc.

Let's say some user will always have to modify ~/.octaverc, no matter which is the default font: do you really think that the default plotting behaviour (i.e. font) of octave-3.6 is better than the octave-3.2 one?
I do not think so.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with forcing user to modifiy his/her .octaverc,
nevertheless I allowed myself (being wheezy "next to" release)
to raise this doubt about the default plotting behaviour
an user would see when working with his/her brand-new Wheezy sistem.

Many thanks for your patience
Marco