Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] replacement for /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/octave-pkg.mk

> 2012/4/15 Sébastien Villemot <sebastien.villemot@ens.fr>:

>>> I am talking about the octave-time package. I mentioned it in the
>>> first sentence!
>>
>> Why do you want to modify the dependencies of this package? It has
>> already been migrated to Octave 3.6 (as all Octave-Forge packages) and
>> as far as I know it works fine.
>
> According to http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/octave.html ,
> the package name still shows up in the transitions page. When I looked
> into it, these are the only two changes I could find. If you think,
> the transition is already done, perhaps we should consider removing it
> from there?

It appears on this page, but since it is not marked with red crosses, it
is not a problem. Only the packages with red crosses represent a problem
for the migration. And among the problematic packages, two are
maintained by the Debian Octave Group (semidef-oct and octave-parallel)
and we are probably going to request their removal.

So from the point of view of the Debian Octave Group, the transition is
over. The remaining issues have to be dealt with the respective
maintainers of the other packages, and we already filed bugs against
their packages (with patches). So there is not much than we can do about
it now. This is in the hands of the Release Team.

Thanks for your help anyways.

--
Sébastien Villemot
Researcher in Economics & Debian Maintainer