Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave-fixed 0.7.10-4

* Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> [2012-04-01 18:15]:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:31:47PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > Please, upload it.
> >
> > I pulled two patches from the upstream SVN repository
> > (replace-deprecated-split.patch and adjust-for-octave-3.6.patch) and
> > created two other patches (drop-mark-as-command.patch,
> > adjust-for-hdf5-1.8.patch, already forwarded upstream).  The package
> > finally works with Octave 3.6 and HDF 1.8.
>
> The build suite fails completely for me:
> [fixedpoint]
>
> << Fixed Point Load Type >>
>   Found Fixed Point Toolbox (version 0.7.10)
>
>   << Fixed Point Creation >>
>     Scalar Creation:                          FAILED
> PASSES 1 out of 1 tests
> Checking CC files ...
>
> Compare with the latest build against 3.2:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=octave-fixed&arch=amd64&ver=0.7.10-3%2Bb1&stamp=1327464293
>
> I've uploaded my build log at
> http://people.debian.org/~tweber/logs/

Although the package seems to work, the code in fixedpoint.m that
implements the test suite needs to be ported to Octave 3.6.  For
instance, "ismatrix([])" returned 0 in 3.2 but returns 1 in 3.6.  There
are many things to be fixed in that file but I have no time nor the
motivation for doing it.  It would maybe be better to request the removal
of octave-fixed.