Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [OctDev] Status of the Octave-Forge packages in Debian

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> [2012-03-17 19:42]:

> * Carnë Draug <carandraug+dev@gmail.com> [2012-03-17 15:58]:
>
> > * geometry and mechanics - these 2 packages are new and under active
> > development. I believe it would be nice to package them
> >
> > * dataframe - this is a new package and is kinda handy. I think it
> > would be good to package it
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.  We will see how is the progress with the
> current packages before starting new ones, but we will give priority
> to the ones you listed.

I started looking at Geometry and I think that it is really worth
packaging it.

1) Some Python files are lacking copyright notices and license
   conditions:

   inst/io/@svg/parsePath.py
   inst/io/@svg/parseSVGData.py
   inst/io/private/parsePath.py

2) Many tests are failing because the private functions are not found.
   This is an example for medianLine:

      ***** test
     p1 = [0 0];
     p2 = [10 0];
     exp = [5 0 0 10];
     lin = medianLine(p1, p2);
     assertElementsAlmostEqual(exp, lin);
     !!!!! test failed
     `assertElementsAlmostEqual' undefined near line 7 column 3

   assertElementsAlmostEqual is a private function for the files under
   geom2d, but the function test does not add the private directory to
   the path when running the test code (at least in Octave 3.6.1).  Is
   this behavior changed in more recent versions of Octave.

3) The test of shapetransform fails:

      ***** test
     v = shapecentroid (shape)(:);
     nshape = shapetransform (shape, -v);
     vn = shapecentroid (nshape)(:);
     assert(vn,[0; 0],1e-2);
     !!!!! test failed
     assert (vn,[0; 0],1e-2) expected
       0
       0
     but got
       -682.75
       -528.18
     maximum absolute error 682.753 exceeds tolerance 0.01

   Any clues?