Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [OctDev] Status of the Octave-Forge packages in Debian

On 03/16/2012 02:47 PM, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
Here is an update on the porting of the Octave-Forge packages for Debian.
Just as a reminder, we are porting the packages in order to make them
work with Octave 3.6.  Our goal is to have a reasonable suite of ported
packages before the freeze of the wheezy distribution, which will happen
in June 2012.

I am writing mainly because we need more feedback from the developers and
users of the OF packages in order to better organize our work. Please,
comment on the points below.

The following packages have been removed from Debian for different reasons
(buggy, integrated into 3.6, unmaintained or abandonned upstream, etc.).
If you heartedly disagree with some removals, please tell us.

     ann
     bioinfo
     ftp
     integration
     irsa
     nlwing2
     outliers
     physicalconstants
     symband
     xraylib

The following packages are already in Debian and worked correctly with
Octave 3.2, but have not yet been ported to Octave 3.6.  We need to know
two things: first, which ones of those must absolutely be ported.
Second, which ones of those should be removed from Debian.

     audio
     benchmark
     combinatorics
     financial
     fixed
     fpl
     ga
     ident
     informationtheory
     mapping
     multicore
     nnet
     nurbs
     optiminterp
     ocs
     octcdf
     octgpr
     parallel
     pdb
     simp
     sockets
     tsa
     vrml

The following packages have never been in Debian.  Please, tell us which
ones must absolutely get in.

     actuarial
     civil-engineering
     database