Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Errors in octave-signal's testsuite

* Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> [2012-03-14 19:56]:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 08:58:20AM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > Since I get the same values for a and b as yours, the only conceivable
> > source of divergence is the filter function.  What does "which filter"
> > yield for you?
>
> I've put a .mat file with the variables after running your commands at
> http://people.debian.org/~tweber/logs/pei_tseng_notch.mat.lzma
>
> Can you compare the variables with your workspace?

As I suspected, the divergence between your data and mine happen in
the filter function.  I assume that we are using the same one, in
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/octave/3.6.1/oct/i486-pc-linux-gnu/filter.oct

The only difference that I can imagine between our systems is the
precision.  I am using a 32-bits system and I guess you are using a
64-bit system.  Which is the value of eps in your system?