Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Octave 3.4 FTBFS

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 12:48:27AM +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> The new octave 3.4 package FTBFS on all archs on which a build has been
> attempted (including i386).
>
> The main reason is that library symbols are different between 32 and 64
> bit platforms. I pushed a fix which splits the liboctave0.symbols file
> into a common part, a 32-bit and a 64-bit specific part, following the
> example given in dpkg-shlibdeps(1). I was then able to build the package
> with for both amd64 and i386.
>
> There are also problems specific to kfreebsd-* and ia64. I pushed a fix
> for kfreebsd-*, based on the build logs, but I did not test it since I
> don't have an installation of this arch. For ia64, it may be simpler to
> wait for the next upload, in order to get a diff based on the new
> symbols files.

Thanks.
Did you look at the changed symbols whether some of them could be made
"optional" on all arches? I would like to have as small as possible
arch-specific symbol files.
For ia64, I can try to get access to one of the porter boxes. The arch
is reasonably fast.

Anyway, it's Christmas time, so this will not happen today ;)

Joyeux Noël
	Thomas