Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] need help of Octave language expert

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 05:09:54PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:34:33 +0100, Thomas Weber wrote:
>
> > I'm cc'ing debian-devel, so people see that there is an answer. If
> > whoever wants to continue the discussion, please strongly consider
> > dropping debian-devel -- the list is noisy enough.
>
> Sorry for additional noise.

This wasn't meant as a critique against your original post (which was
fine). However, cross-posting further postings is probably not too
useful.

> > Directly accessing gnuplot (which is what 'gset' did) is deprecated in
> > octave3.0 and even more in the 3.2 series. Spending time on this issue
> > is probably wasted, unless TeXmacs' upstream is willing to adapt the
> > necessary changes.
> >
> > Following
> > http://old.nabble.com/octave-plugin-maintainership-td26618436.html
> > it seems Mansour Moufid wanted to take over maintenance of the plugin. I
> > suggest getting in contact with him.
>
> Okay, I'll contact him later.  Thanks for your advice.

If this doesn't work out, file a bug against octave3.2 in Debian. I
can't promise to get this fixed, but maybe I get time to look at it.

	Thomas