Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] dynare 4.1.0-1

Le vendredi 15 janvier 2010 à 10:27 +0100, Thomas Weber a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:07:56AM +0100, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
> > The orig tarball can be retrieved using the get-orig-source target of
> > debian/rules.
> >
> > Note that the testsuite takes a long time, more than with version 4.0.
>
> 45 minutes on my machine. Any chance to speed this up?

Well, we can probably remove or improve some tests (see below).

> Anyway, I see the following:

> HTML documentation (with "make html"):
>  Dynare reference manual:               yes
>  Dynare preprocessor developer doc:     no (missing doxygen)
>
> Should I add doxygen to build-depends?
>
> Con: Probably uninteresting for users
> Pro: QA check for both doxygen and the documentation

I deliberately chose not to build and package the Doxygen documentation,
since it is of no interest to end users.

> I have some FAILED strings in the build log. Is this to be expected?
> Build log available at
> http://alioth.debian.org/~thomas-guest/dynare_4.1.0-1_amd64.build.lzma

I have the same errors, and they are not a big issue, so just ignore
them for the moment.

The point is that, with this new Dynare release, we incorporate a
standalone program called Dynare++, which uses a syntax very close to
Dynare and solves some problems that plain Dynare doesn't. This program
comes with its own unit tests, and those that fail are those that take
most of the build time. I need to check with the upstream developer of
Dynare++ what to do with that: whether the test should be removed, or
whether some bug should be fixed.

But for the moment, please upload the package, except if you think that
the long building time will create a problem on the autobuilders.

Best

--
Sébastien Villemot