Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Dynare status

Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> a écrit :
I would really prefer that there are no name clashes, unless Dynare needs
really to override the behavior of some of the standard Octave functions.
This is the case, for instance, of the package octave-graceplot.

Currently there are at least two name clashes: rows.m and table.m (by the way, is there any automatic way of detecting name clashes?).

There is no good reason for these name clashes; the only reason is that Dynare is mainly developed under Matlab, and Octave doesn't complain about clashes.

Should I fix these right now (it is probably easy to rename them to dynrows.m and dyntable.m respectively) ?

I think that the adding a symlink to dynare.m in $(MDIR) is indeed the best
solution for now.

Sébastien, could you implement this?  Once it is done, I will test the
package and upload it to unstable.

I have committed it to the SVN.

By the way I have also moved "rcond.m", a rough replacement for Matlab's rcond, to $(MDIR) (I don't wan't it in /usr/share/dynare/matlab because of Matlab users).

So, except if you think that I should deal now with name clashes, I'm ready for the upload to unstable.

Best,

--
Sébastien Villemot