[Pkg-octave-devel] Incompatibilities between octave3.0 and 3.1 packages

Currently, octave3.1-common and octave3.0-common can not be installed
together because they both contain the file /usr/share/octave/ls-R.  Is
there a way to make this file versioned?

Also, I think we will have problems with the /usr/share/octave/packages
directory in a system with both octave3.0 and octave3.1 installed.  In order
to fix this, we could patch pkg.m to look at a versioned directory like:

/usr/share/octave/packages/3.0/
/usr/share/octave/packages/3.1/

What do you think?