Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] dynare_4.0.4-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> a écrit :

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 11:28:21PM +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
Le vendredi 03 juillet 2009 à 19:02 +0000, Archive Administrator a
écrit :
> Accepted:
> dynare-common_4.0.4-2_all.deb
>   to pool/main/d/dynare/dynare-common_4.0.4-2_all.deb
> dynare-doc_4.0.4-2_all.deb
>   to pool/main/d/dynare/dynare-doc_4.0.4-2_all.deb
> dynare-matlab_4.0.4-2_all.deb
>   to pool/contrib/d/dynare/dynare-matlab_4.0.4-2_all.deb
> dynare_4.0.4-2.diff.gz
>   to pool/main/d/dynare/dynare_4.0.4-2.diff.gz
> dynare_4.0.4-2.dsc
>   to pool/main/d/dynare/dynare_4.0.4-2.dsc
> dynare_4.0.4-2_amd64.deb
>   to pool/main/d/dynare/dynare_4.0.4-2_amd64.deb

Thanks for your help!

Please don't prepare a new version every day, otherwise it's not a problem.

Sorry for having asked you to upload two versions of the package in such a short span of time... It was my mystake. I will pay more attention to build dependencies in the future.

But maybe you can document your workflow? I am not a git fan, so I am doing
some things manually, which could probable be done better.

I update the source with git pull
Then I copy the changed files (not the .git directory) to a separate dir,
which does not contain the git files. I tried git-buildpackage, but I wasn't
sure if it really leaves out all .git files. Also, how do I use that
together with my sid chroot? On my previous machine I used sbuild together
with my chroots, at the moment I am building manually in the chroot with
dpkg-buildpackage, but I would prefer to use a clean chroot and start the
build from outside.

Surely there is a better way to do this? pbuilder? I only know sbuild.

Actually we began using git very recently, and I am also relatively new to it.

I have tried git-buildpackage, but it doesn't work well with our setup, because it needs the full upstream source in the git repository, while we only have the debian/ dir in our repo. It is probably possible to use it by managing local branches containing the upstream source, but I haven't tried that.

So what I do is that I uncompress the orig tarball in my git working copy, and I ask git to ignore the upstream files using .git/info/exclude (I could also do it in .gitignore). Then I compile the package with debuild, giving it the "-i" option, so that it automatically ignores the git files.

Generally I build packages manually from my sid chroot. But it is also possible to use pbuilder, which works fine and is particulary useful for detecting missing build dependencies, since it starts from a bare bone system.

Best,

--
Sébastien Villemot