Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Dynare

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien.villemot@ens.fr> [2009-03-25 21:54]:

> Le mardi 24 mars 2009 à 14:26 +0100, Rafael Laboissiere a écrit :
> > 1) Lintian gives the warning arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share.  I think
> >    that we could put the documentation files in a separate dynare-doc
> >    file.  Adding doc-base support would be a plus.
>
> I am going to split the package. Actually there is already some doc-base
> support (for the reference manual and the user guide), through
> dh_installdocs. Did I miss something?

No, it is my mistake, I missed it.

> > 2) The *.m scripts and the *.mex, currently installed in
> >    /usr/lib/dynare/matlab/ and /usr/lib/dynare/mex/octave/, respectively,
> >    should be put in the Octave's path.  I will take a look at this later.
>
> Do you mean installing the files somewhere else than in /usr/lib/dynare,
> or automatically adding the relevant directories to the path variable of
> Octave? If you meant the latter, note that only /usr/lib/dynare/matlab
> needs to be added, since it contains dynare.m which is the main entry
> point. Dynare then manipulates the path (see dynare_config.m) to add the
> other directories.

I would prefer that the files are put in a place were Octave can find
them without loadpath manipulations.

I have not checked in detail, but it seems that some of the functions
provided by dynare will have name clashes with the functions in the
octave package (betarnd, for instance).  I still have to think how to
cope with this.

Cheers,