Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] postrm instead of prerm for packages with pkg.m

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 10:43:54PM +0200, Thomas Weber wrote:
> We currently call "pkg rebuild" in a prerm script for all octave-forge
> packages. I think that must go into a postrm script:
>
> The following is a package install-purge lifecycle. Note that Octave still
> thinks the package is there at the end.
>
> # octave --silent --eval "pkg list"
> no packages installed.
>
> # aptitude install octave-nan
>
> # octave --silent --eval "pkg list"
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>          nan *|   1.0.6 | /usr/share/octave/packages/nan-1.0.6
>
> # aptitude purge octave-nan
>

> # octave --silent --eval "pkg list"
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>          nan  |   1.0.6 | /usr/share/octave/packages/nan-1.0.6
>

> The package is still mentioned in octave_packages, but the files have been
> removed.

Well spotted Thomas.

So how is this fixed? Just by listing postinst-octpkg in the
debian/install file of octave-pkg-dev? Shouldn't that file contain the
same as prerm-octpkg contains now? That is instead of

if [ "$1" = configure ] ; then

it should read

case "$1" in
    upgrade|remove|purge)