Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Release Update: arch status, major transitions finished, freeze coming up

* Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson <ojsbug@gmail.com> [2008-06-05 13:25]:

> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:55:41AM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > You have probably seen HE's release update message in d-d-a@lists.d.o.
> > We are concerned by this:
> >
> > * Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> [2008-06-02 22:26]:
> >
> > > [sinp]
> > > Release schedule
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > [snip]
> > > Mid of July 2008
> > >   Full freeze
> > >     Please don't wait with uploads for the last day before the freeze,
> > >     thanks.
> > > [snip]
> >
> > Several octave-forge packages are currently in SVN waiting for upload:
> >
> >     ad, ann, database, video, bim, civil-engineering, database, engine,
> >     fixed, fpl, graceplot, integration, java, jhandles, mapping, msh,
> >     multicore, nnet, ocs, optim, pdb, secs1d, secs2d, symband, tcl-octave,
> >     triangular, tsa, vrml, xraylib
> >
> > Since the NEW queue processing takes some time (sometimes over two weeks,
> > not counting eventual rejections), we should try to upload the packages
> > until the end of June.  This means an upload rate of 10 packages per week.
> >
> > It's feasible but quite hard.
>
> Yup ... I am starting to work on the copyright files that are missing
> content.

>From the packages I listed above, fixed, optim, tsa, and vrml have been
uploaded and are now in NEW.

I did some work on the others during the last weekend, but there is still a
huge amount of work to be done (lacking descriptions and dependencies in
debian/control, lacking patches for doc files licensing terms in
debian/copyright, general QA work like compiling and testing the packages,
etc).  I will try to do progress during the next weekend but I am afraid it
will be too much work for me alone.  Contributions are welcome.

--
Rafael