Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] New upstream version for the octave-forge pkgs

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:09:52AM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson <ojsbug@gmail.com> [2008-05-04 01:38]:
>
> > On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 03:46:39PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > > The Octave-Forge pkgs have been updated for Octave 3.0.1.  The corresponding
> > > Debian packages should also be updated and we shold look whether the
> > > Copyright issues have been fixed for the rejected packages [1].
> > >
> > > Volunteers?
> >
> > I should be able to do this, is there anything more to do with the
> > former issue but just to bump up the version number in the changelog
> > file and add a note there about the update?
>
> Yes, that's it.  It is mostly mechanical work.

Ok, I can do that, no problem :-)

But when I try to build the package it fails .. I am not quite on top
of this at the moment (been some time since I have done this).

To build I just do

sudo dbuild -us -uc

in the svn directory octave-audio/trunk/ and I get

This package has a Debian revision number but there does not seem to be
an appropriate original tar file or .orig directory in the parent
directory;
(expected octave-audio_1.1.1.orig.tar.gz or trunk.orig)
continue anyway? (y/n) n

Isnt the octave-pkg-dev script supposed to fetch the tarball for me or
am I misunderstanding how to build the package?

Cheers

Oli