[Pkg-octave-devel] jhandles under octave 3 in debian lenny

Hi there

I have just installed lenny on my laptop. I am somehow used to using Matlab but would like to definitely migrate to Octave; a former stubling
block used to be its poor IMHO graphic capabilities. Thus I am very
eager to try jhandles, which I have never been able to...

I tried the following: installed octave 3.0, octave-pkg-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev and libjogl-java via apt-get for lenny. Then I downloaded the octave-forge packages java-1.2.3.tar.gz and jhandles-0.3.2.tar.gz, from the octave-forge site.

Then, from the octave prompt, I pkg install'ed first the java package,
which seemed to work fine, and then I tried the jhandles pkg install,
with the following result:

make: *** [all] Error 255
error: 'make' returned the following error: make: entering directory `/tmp/oct-C0yC1D/jahndles-0.3.2/src'
Java support not compiled
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-C0yC1D/jahndles-0.3.2/src'
error: called from `pkg:configure_make' in file /usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/pkg/pkg.m near line 1058, column 2

Would you have any hints to make it work??

Thanks in advance

PS: Sorry if this has already been dealt with in the list (I wasn't able to find a way to search for it...). I have also sent this same message to debian-science@lists.debian.org (I hope this does not break any rules of conduct...)

--
Prof Mauricio Ortiz Calvao

http://www.if.ufrj.br/~orca
orca@if.ufrj.br