Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Releasing 2.9.15 as 3.0.rc?

* Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> [2007-10-09 14:05]:

> I'll try to start with it tonight. Should we continue with the
> debian/in/ directory from 2.1/2.9 or with a normal debian/ directory?

For now, I would do minimal changes and hence keep the current scheme.
Later, once octave3.0 passes NEW, we should look at possible improvements in
the debian/ files.  For instance, the code in debian/rules is brittle and
hard to maintain.  I would love to switch to cdbs, but I am afraid it will
not be very simple due to the current binary-arch/binary-indep build tricks.

At any rate, I am not sure we should abandon the debian/in/ scheme for
maintaining multiple versions of the octave packages.  I imagine that the
upstream authors will start an "unstable" branch 3.1 after 3.0 is released.
Am I wrong?