Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] RFS: QtOctave -- A Qt front-end to Octave

Hi

[I've cleaned the recipients' list a little bit].

Am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007 22:31:16 schrieb Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso:
> On 19/06/07, Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> wrote:
> > Since this regards packaging of Octave-related software for Debian, then
> > the appropriate place to discuss the issue is in the pkg-octave-devel
> > mailing list [1] of the Debian Octave Group [2].
>
> Ooh, you guys have a mailing list? I mean, of couse you do. It just
> hadn't occurred to me that you would.

Well, homing pigeons turned out to be somewhat slow. Additionally, they don't
like trans-atlantic distances too much :)

About joining the group:

1. Create an account on Alioth:
	http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-octave/
Your username will have a -guest suffix. That's normal (my account is
thomas-guest). Post  your account name, so Rafael can add you to the group.
We keep the debian/ subdirectories of packages in a SVN repository.

2. Read
	http://pkg-octave.alioth.debian.org/
It's short and the only thing you currently need are the mailing lists and the
guidelines
	http://pkg-octave.alioth.debian.org/DOG-Guidelines.html
You can omit the section about tagging, as the only one currently uploading
packages is Rafael.

3. Ask further questions on the list or privately.

	Thomas