Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] 2.9.11 is out

Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007 17:12 schrieb Rafael Laboissiere:
> Notice that building the documentation should only happen when binary-indep
> is called (after all, octave*-{doc,htmldoc,info} are Arch: all).  In the
> past, we have received complaints from the buildd admins that the
> documentation packages were built by the binary target.  Please, do not
> revert the current situation.

I remember that discussion. I will try not to break it, but don't beat me if I
do. I actually do not know how to test this on my local box.

That said, I disagree with the buildd admins rationale. If an architecture is
so slow that building Octave's _documentation_ makes a difference, we
shouldn't build Octave at all there. Following that kind of argumentation, no
package will ever build its documentation on a buildd and there will be
almost no QA for texinfo and friends on any architecture but x86 and AMD64.

	Thomas