Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Re: [prudhomm@debian.org: [Pkg-scicomp-devel] suitesparse and octave]

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Christophe Prud'homme <prudhomm@debian.org> [2007-01-04 20:38]:
>

>> [ jeudi 4 janvier 2007 20:02 ]
>>
>> I was too quick: the library is called suitesparse and I
>> wrote /usr/include/suitesparse in my first email. So may be it is David who
>> made the typo, David? or was it intentional to
>> write /usr/include/sparsesuite ?
>>

> I am still confused and my original questions are not answered: [to
> Christophe:] is the directory name /usr/include/suitesparse an upstream
> choice or is this specific to the Debian package?  [To David:] why did you
> choose /usr/include/sparsesuite for Octave?

Upstream is SuiteSparse. However, the upstream package has no install
target and so the choice /usr/include/suitesparse is a logical choice..
The sparsesuite was my fault and was that I added the package name from
memory (SparseSuite makes more sense to me that SuiteSparse as its more
grammatically correct)... I've sent a patch to John to fix this and just
waiting for it to be applied..

D.

--
David Bateman                                David.Bateman@motorola.com