Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Re: Dangling alternatives symlink on the autobuilders

* Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> [2006-01-28 11:48]:

> Na, just send it, or will you loose posting priviledges then? If so, just
> post it in my name, I don't care about posting priviledges...

Better: post in Andrew Suffield's name... :-)

Jokes apart:

> My m68k buildds seem to be clean. I just wonder why should any package leave
> traces in /etc/alternatives, aren't they supposed to clean up after them? I
> just saw f95, reswrap, and x-www-browser on one buildd, is that normal?

Perhaps a broken prerm script?

At any rate, I think that the buildd maintainers should set a cron job to
run "/usr/bin/symlinks -r -d /" (available in the symlinks package) in
the buildd chroots.