Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Status of packages before etch freeze

* John W. Eaton <jwe@bevo.che.wisc.edu> [2006-10-23 14:33]:

> On 23-Oct-2006, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
>
> | > I remember reading a discussion about automake on Octave's list (around
> | > 1999?) and I think John was open to an implementation but didn't have
> | > the time to do it.
> |
> | This means that it is not going to happen.
>
> Why do you say that?

Sorry, I meant actually: "This means it is not going to happen soon."

Anyway, I think that this is not a central issue in Octave development and
that the current library naming/placement scheme is working very well.  I
doubt that other developers would invest time and effort on the
Automake/Libtool switch.  I had this in mind when I wrote the sentence
above.