Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Changes to the moderation system

* Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> [2006-08-17 09:59]:

> there's currently a discussion on debian-devel about moderation on the
> mailing lists[1]; specifically, bug reporters are sent a "your message
> is waiting for moderation" message which is annoying.

As I wrote in a post in this thread, it would be great if we could
suppress the notification message in Mailman.  I do not know how to do
it.

> I looked through mailman's documentation and it seems like adding
> 	submit@bugs.debian.org
> to the list of acceptable_aliases should do this.
>
> This option can be found at the list administration site under
> 	Privacy options => Recipient filters
>
> This option accepts regexps, so we might want to add something like
> 	.*debian.org
> to it.

I think that changing acceptable_aliases to .*debian.org will not preventing
holding the messages sent by non-members.  This just avoids holding messages
with implicit destinations.

> Personnally, I like the moderation as it gives us a virtually spam-free
> list.

Me too.