Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Preparing for octave-forge (2.9 branch) -- ITP

Hi,

>   symbols.cc:267: warning: 'print_usage' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/octave-2.9.6/octave/defun-int.h:38)
>
> The patch attached below fixes this problem.
Thanks for the patch

> I remember that there was some problem recently with the anonymous CVS
> server not being in sync with the developer CVS server, but that seems
> to be fixed now.  Maybe Soren did not have the current files when he
> tried building Octave Forge from CVS?
The problem is not so much about Soren's build problem (which is weird),
but

>     BCH Coding:                               error: octave_base_value::resize (): wrong type argument `galois'

This is due to line 191 in bchpoly.m:
	ptmp = gf([c{i}(1), 1], m, prim);

c is a GF cell array, so c{i} gives
debug> c{i}
	ans =
	GF(2^4) array. Primitive Polynomial = D^4+D+1 (decimal 19)

	Array elements =

	  2  3  4  5

c{i}(1) gives th array with '2' as only element, but I don't know what
concatening the '1' should give there?
So I assume there's something wrong with the code here, not so much a
build problem.

Anyway, this is not that urgent. Introducing a new package (as which
octave2.X-forge will be seen) might take some time anyway, so we can
wait until David has time to have a look at it.

	Thomas