Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Octave-forge for 2.9

* Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> [2006-05-03 07:52]:

> I'm not the biggest debugging expert; Octave crashes in 'rand.oct' (from
> octave-forge), I don't know why (and I did spend quite some time on it).
> There are other issues (apparently regexp.cc from Octave and from
> octave-forge are not compatible).
> I thought about patching the batch_test.m out of the check: target, but
> this would be cheating.

I think we can only release the package if it passes all tests.  We might
disable some tests and/or do not install the problematic *.oct files, I
think this would be okay.

> You mean in the same way as the in/ directory in current Octave? Fine
> with me; however, I think we should handle the changelog in the same
> way. I don't like the way we are mixing the changelog entries for Octave
> 2.1 and 2.9 currently.

Could you elaborate more on this?  What are the problems we see with the
mixed entries?

> For debian/rules, we can probably work with an 'include' statements for
> the specific parts.

Yes, this is a good idea.

I do not know.  What about asking in help@octave.org?