Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] kmatplot ?

On 22 March 2005 at 08:12, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
| > That's alright, and at least we're all on the same page now.
| >
| > So maybe we should simply do one or both of
| > -- relax the kmatplot / Octave binding even further to the point of
| >    ignoring it
| > -- remove kmatplot from the distribution
|
| Personally, I'm fine with either. I do not know how many people use
| kmatplot/octave. I did receive a couple of bug reports during the past
| few years, likely just people that tested to see what it looks like
| though. What is the nicest octave plotting package these days?
| Especially thinking of 3d surfaces...?

There are lots: octaviz, plplot, octave-epstk, .... Rafael can probably
answer this best.

| This will probably be my last email until I get back on the 30th.
|
| If you feel like it, take any course of action you feel is relevant. I
| can worry about the package again when I get back. What are the chances
| sarge freezes before then? ;)

It is probably best to discuss this in the contect of the Debian Octave
group, to whom I re-CC this.

My feeling would that given that it is
a) orphaned upstream,
b) not used by you and
c) we're not sure if it is used at all,
we should probably just remove it, and maybe concentrate on the newer
replacement you mentioned.

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers