Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Re: octave uninstallable due to dev problem

* Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> [2005-06-30 06:23]:

> On 30 June 2005 at 01:38, Nicolas Guilbert wrote:
> | Dear Dirk
> |
> | I get the following error when trying to install the octave2.1 package:
> |
> | l1server:/home/nicolas# apt-get install octave2.1
> | <snip>
> | The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> |   octave2.1: Depends: libhdf5-serial-1.6.2-0 but it is not installable or
> |                       libhdf5-1.6.2-0 but it is not installable
> | E: Broken packages
>
> Could you please help Nicolas. Does Octave2.1 need a rebuild?

It is already done, but the new package is sitting in experimental:

    http://packages.debian.org/experimental/math/octave2.1

It has the right dependency on libhdf5-serial-1.6.4-0.

I did not yet upload the package to unstable because of the bump in the
api-version between 2.1.69 and 2.1.71.  The other packages containing
*.oct files must be rebuilt against the new Octave package and the
transition to unstable must be coordinated.

I am quite busy now and do not have time to take care of this.  My
free-time situation will not improve until the end of the Summer, since I
have two long travels scheduled in the near future.  Volunteers for
building the new packages are welcome.