[Pkg-octave-devel] Which gcc version was used to compile octave 2.1.64 in debian package?

G'day,

Could you please tell me which version of gcc was used in putting together the octave 2.1.64 i386 debian package?

I'm trying to compile the roctave interface for octave 2.1.64 and am not having a fun time. It was test with octave 2.0 and JWE also did some work on it. The author's FAQ recommended using gcc 2.95 rather than 3.x, and I've done so with no success. I contacted the author Duncan Temple Lang and JWE replied by saying I should try to use the same compiler version as was used in compiling my octave version 2.1.64. I'm running a hd-install of knoppix 3.6 and used to the debian octave package to upgrade from 2.1.35 to 2.1.64.

I'll try to deduce gcc version by running ldd on octave (at a mate's suggestion) but your definitive response would be much appreciated.

Paul Koufalas,
Adelaide, Australia.