Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Problems in octaviz

* Rafa Rodriguez Galvan <rafael.rodriguez@uca.es> [2005-03-05 13:51]:

> My desktop machine has been working for about two years with several
> upgrades from early sarge. I use it for compiling and testing and some time
> ago I decided to upgrade packages to sid. I suppose the system is too
> unstable and there is some confusing in package versions, but it should
> work... Now, I'm upgrading it again, I hope octaviz builds after that.

If you think serioulsy in becoming a Debian developer, then you might
consider install a chroot unstable in your machine for generating the
packages.  This is what I do, keeping my main production system in testing.
Nowadays, intalling a dchroot should be trivial using the debootstrap
package.