Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] broken m68k build

[Cc: to the Debian m68k crew and debian-admin]

* John W. Eaton <jwe@bevo.che.wisc.edu> [2005-02-25 14:34]:

> For some time now, the m68k build of octave2.1 has been failing with
>
>   /usr/bin/g++ -c  -fPIC -I. -I.. -I../liboctave -I../src -I../libcruft/misc  -I../glob -I../glob -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -Wall -W -Wshadow -O1 -g0 ls-mat5.cc -o pic/ls-mat5.o
>   /tmp/cchqGuhc.s: Assembler messages:
>   /tmp/cchqGuhc.s:20898: Error: operands mismatch -- statement `move.b %a4,%d1' ignored
>
> I know that the proper fix for this problem is to fix the bug in the
> compiler that is generating the bad code, but I'd also be willing to
> take a look at the problem and see if I can come up with a
> workaround.  To do that, I'd need ssh access to an m68k system with
> all the current build tools.

Debian has two m68k machines available to the developers:

    http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=crest
    http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?host=kullervo

I do not know the policy about giving non-DD access to these systems. Could
someone from the Debian admin or m68k crews say something, please ?  There
is also a couple of private machines used by the buildd system.