Re: [why3] dropping coq support ?

Hi,

Le lundi 14 mars 2022 à 19:50 +0100, Ralf Treinen a écrit :

> Do others on this list have any thoughts about that?

There are several points to take into account:

(1) I dropped support for some architectures in the Debian package for
coq, until upstream fixes them: https://github.com/coq/coq/issues/15240
and indeed, that's an issue.

(2) Coq has a faster release schedule than why3 *and* new versions
break the why3 support -- that is a real issue, and I'm trying to
discuss matters with coq upstream, to see if that can be alleviated ;
perhaps you can have a word with why3 upstream too? Notice that it's
still possible to add a d/patches/coq_8.16.patch in why3's packaging,
change the d/control b-dep to a higher version and move on, so there
are ways to dampen the matter.

So I would say: let's drop coq support in Debian's why3 package because
it's a pain right now, but let's still work on getting things back as
soon as possible.

Cheers,

J.Puydt